Sunday, July 17, 2011

Almond Shortbread Cookies

Wow! I am finally using this for the first time. I've been meaning to write an entry a while back but for some reason, I could not start until I figure out the right name to use for this blog.  I'm still not sure what to name this so I'll just focus on the recipe testing since my table is overflowing with cookbooks.

I'm not good with introductions so let's just say that I was a nutrition student who likes desserts. Yeah, crazy huh? Totally decadent kouign amann oozing with butter and crusted with sugar. Uh huh yeah.
Oh and I can't really taste or critique any savory foods I made. It has to be made by someone else.
I was in cooking class for a bit but left shortly after I realised this problem.

The good thing is that I do not have any problem with desserts! Whee!

I had some butter and almond meal in the fridge that has been waiting for my attention so I decided to combine them together and make this


Almond Shortbread Cookies from Joy of Baking


Notes:
  • Used an 8x8 glass pan and lined it with parchment paper without greasing it.
  • Forgot to score it and cut while warm but managed to cut it into pieces without breaking the tips
  • This shortbread is completely different from the ones I had before that felt like lead weight in your tummy. It's light and crumbly.
  • I forgot to add the vanilla extract. Will try with almond extract next time.
  •  Play with the flour proportions next time.

This will most be my online resource for recipes that I tested and intend to keep or not to keep.  I do not know how to make recipes from scratch but I enjoy modifying recipes. The pics I take may not be extraordinarily pretty or appetizing but then I tend to focus on taste more than looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment