I'm not good with introductions so let's just say that I was a nutrition student who likes desserts. Yeah, crazy huh? Totally decadent kouign amann oozing with butter and crusted with sugar. Uh huh yeah.
Oh and I can't really taste or critique any savory foods I made. It has to be made by someone else.
I was in cooking class for a bit but left shortly after I realised this problem.
The good thing is that I do not have any problem with desserts! Whee!
I had some butter and almond meal in the fridge that has been waiting for my attention so I decided to combine them together and make this
Almond Shortbread Cookies from Joy of Baking
- Used an 8x8 glass pan and lined it with parchment paper without greasing it.
- Forgot to score it and cut while warm but managed to cut it into pieces without breaking the tips
- This shortbread is completely different from the ones I had before that felt like lead weight in your tummy. It's light and crumbly.
- I forgot to add the vanilla extract. Will try with almond extract next time.
- Play with the flour proportions next time.
This will most be my online resource for recipes that I tested and intend to keep or not to keep. I do not know how to make recipes from scratch but I enjoy modifying recipes. The pics I take may not be extraordinarily pretty or appetizing but then I tend to focus on taste more than looks.