Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter

Today was quite an eventful day. Went for a couple of job interviews, ran after the bus and missed it by 3 seconds. Then, went to a panaderia and asked which ones of their treats have custard inside and I guess the seller didn't really understand what I said so I just picked a random filled-looking pastry hoping that it has custard inside. It has! woohoo! no pic since it's already in mah belly.

I wasn't really in the mood for something heavy for dinner so just decided on some pasta. Boil and simmer, how awesome is that?

I tried this pasta for today and it's super long compared to the local ones. The taste is quite nutty and for the great packaging and taste, I wish that it's something you can find in regular supermarkets and not just specialty ones.

Recipe over at steamykitchen.com

So basically it calls for yellow onion, tomato sauce (used San Marzano because they are awesome and don't have that metallic taste) and butter (darigold, of course :) )

Notes:
  • this pasta sauce is light and refreshing but you can definitely add some roasted meats on the side if you want. mmm shrimp!
  • the cheese I used wasn't sharp enough. quite disappointing.
  • the salted butter wasn't salty enough so I added a bit more.
  • i wonder how it would taste like with basil and mozzarella?

It is really simple and it's a recipe I'm considering using when I participate in the upcoming Hunger Challenge 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment